Monday, November 8, 2010

Pekin Veterinary Clinic would like to honor Dr. Walsh as staff member of the month.

Pekin Veterinary Clinic would like to honor Dr. Walsh as staff member of the month. We thank her for all her contributions to the practice.



"I knew at a very young age that I wanted to become a veterinarian.  I grew up on a farm where my family now raises Black Angus cattle.  While growing up, our farm was home to pigs, horses, and chickens as well as cats and dogs.  I have had a lifelong love for animals.  I now have a St. Bernard named Berniece who was a present for me when I graduated from veterinary school.  She is a big girl but will bow down to our three cats in the house.  Minnie and Macy we have had since kittens, and we just adopted Woody who is around 3 years old.  My other family members include my husband, Andy, who is the principal at Olympia Middle School, my son Noah, and our newest addition, Lily." 

"I graduated from the University of Illinois Veterinary teaching hospital in 2005.  I spent my undergraduate years at Illinois State University in Normal.  I practiced mixed animal medicine for my first 4 years out of veterinary school, but now I am very happy to concentrate on small animals.  I started at Pekin Veterinary Clinic in August 2010 and am thoroughly enjoying my work.  Everyone shares the same passion as I do for animals and their care.   My favorite part of my job is seeing how much joy animals bring to people."

No comments:

Post a Comment